http://www.esl-lab.com/para.htm
This website allowed us to hear sounds and then interpret them into what we think they mean. I got 10/10 correct! Although this may be exciting now, it's sometimes difficult to understand others meanings. When someone says they don't like something over text messaging it could be confused because we can't hear the tone in which they say something. If I wrote, "Shh," over my internet blog you could perceive it in several different ways. You may think I am telling you you're writing is TOO LOUD, you need to stop talking, or be quiet the baby is asleep. It's important to hear the tone in which someone says their words. Then we interpret our understanding through there communication. Hopefully between the interpretation and understanding there is no interference or opinions that cause confusion!
Paralanguage is part of my everyday communication. I use it to tell others to be quiet, show them I care for them, or to show that I am upset. If my communication is misunderstood through interference or opinions it could cause great confusion, strife, even anger. It's important to make your communication clear, often times no using paralanguage. By using concrete words we can keep the communication process smooth and simple.
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment