1. What do you think are the most important qualities a mediator should have? Why is each important?
The leader should present alternatives to arguments that arise by:
1. Presenting alternatives (that presents what the subgroup wants and believes and why).
2. Charting alternatives (dissecting both sides of the argument)
3. Search for creative alternatives (by reviewing all elements and listening to the entire groups thoughts and opinions)
4. Resolution occurs when and if a consensus or compromise alternative is adopted.
Overall the mediator should be the negotiater who manages disputes and helps resolve issues.
2. Imagine that you run into the person with whom you are most in conflict. What do you do and say? Are you satisfied with the encounter? Is there anything you'd like to do differently?
When I randomly see someone who I am in conflict with I tend to avoid them if they avoid me. But if they are right in my path I will kindly say, "hello, how are you?" and other positive things. I wish that I would have more courage to sit down and talk with these people and fix our problems. I don't like people to not like me. Before I have sat down with someone who didn't like me and we resolved our conflicts. In the end I have made a close friend because they knew that I truly cared about their friendship. But a few people I know do not like me no matter how many times I ask for forgiveness or try to do better. It's okay, I just try to love them like Jesus would and smile.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment