Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Emotion in the Body Shaped by the Mind

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s184614.htm

In this article we read about a study that showed that certain emotions can make a person react just as if they were sick. I agree that emotions effect you physcially & mentally. When I get depressed I like to sleep...all day. When I am happy I like to go bounding up and down my dorm hall way. When I am contemplative I like to sit in front of my laptop and write on my blog for Interpersonal Communication. I do believe emotions effect you physcially & mentally, but why has this not been established before? Why did it never occur to us that when we are depressed our brain may act the same as if we had an illiness. When our bodies become sick we automatically may feel depressed, tired, or even angery. Couldn't our bodies react the same to emotions?

I have had several encounters with emotions and the way they make us react. I have been on medication, after medication, and after medication to simply find the right pill. I've also been in therapy. My Father, my brother, and sister-in-law have all had these so called, "chemical imbalances" in their brains. I hope that we come to better understand our emotions and the way they can destroy our bodies. Only after research and study can we fix these problems and maybe even eliminate these depressing diseases.

No comments: