Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Vignettes

http://www.thedoctorwillseeyounow.com/articles/feature/behavior/clrel_1/


What I learned:

1. Being able to converse with strangers not only helps you to enjoy yourself more, it also broadens your social circle and gives you more relationship options.

2. People often lament that it's so hard to "find" someone they like--but it does no good to find him or her if you can't do something about it.

3. It works both ways: it would be nice to like everyone who liked you, but it doesn't always happen that way.

4. What two people do in a relationship -- any relationship -- is communicate.

5. In fact, only half of "communicating" is talking; the other half is listening.

I already knew most of this information about myself, but it was great to be reminded of what I need to work on in relationships and how I need to react & communicate with others!

No comments: