Small Group Communication Fall 2008
This is the beginning of my new blog on Jeniffer Talbert's Small Group Communication Class
1. Describe the best group you've ever been in, and explain why it was such a good group.
One of the best groups I have ever been apart of was Coach Jennifer Talbert's Speech classes. They are small enough to be effective, enjoyable, and interesting. Through her classes we learn, work, and have fun! The reason our group is so effective is because of her interactive teaching style, our group discussions, and our freedom to speak our thoughts. (Even if they are about Christian's having guns.) In her class we have the freedom to speak and not feel like we are beginning judged. Her classes are unlike any other teachers on campus and I know I have learned the most from her teaching style.
2. Do you think computer-mediated groups should be classified as small groups? Why or why not?
Effective Small groups are considered 3 to 7 people, interaction, mutual influence, and interdependent goals. Many small groups can be effective through the Internet. But you cannot replace the face to face interaction and learning you receive in a physical group which meets often. Therefore I believe computer-mediated groups can be effective, but should not be considered as small groups. Computer-mediated groups loose the verbal and nonverbal interaction needed to reach group communication to the highest potential.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment