1. Describe exactly what you do when you have a problem to solve. How well does this procedure work for you?
Depending on the situation I usually use a method that many Christians use. First, I go to the person and address and try to solve the problem at hand. If that is inconclusive I then go back with someone I respect and try to reason with the person or persons who I am in conflict with. If that still doesn't work I take it before an elder, such as a teacher or leader.
Usually the conflict is resolved within the first meeting, but I have had some instances where it just wasn't worth trying to salvage the relationship because the other person didn't care to salvage it.
2. What examples of logical fallacies have you experienced? Which have you been guilty of using?
I have seen all the logical fallacies (Overgeneralizing, Ad Hominenm Attacks, Suggesting Inappropriate Causal Relationships, False Dilemmas, Faulty Analogies, & Evaluating Information and Reasoning from the World Wide Web) play out in some form in my lifetime. The one that I can be guilty of using is a False Dilemma. It is either-or thinking that assumes, incorrectly, that only two choices or courses of action are possible. I have found myself assuming that certain things are a certain way when they really could be a variety of ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment