1. If everyone in the group is responsible for how the group functions, what do you think the leader should do?
The leader should go above and beyond all aspects of responsibility for the group. They should not only be a leading example to the rest of the group, but help everyone in any way possible. They should use their power to influence the behavior of others for the best! They should use the Communicative Competencies Model which says:
(1) Effective small group leaders communicate actively, clearly, and concisely.
(2) Effective group leaders communicate a good grasp of the group's task.
(3) Effective group leaders inspire team members' confidence in themselves.
(4) Effective group leaders skillfully mediate information and ideas supplied by all members.
(5) Effective group leaders express their opinions provisionally.
(6) Effective group leaders express group-centered concern.
(7) Effective group leaders model a collaborative climate by respecting and supporting others.
(8) Effective group leaders promote celebration of diversity and sensitive diversity management.
(9) Effective group leaders share rewards and credit with the group.
Through these steps leaders can become more effective!
2. Under what type of leadership are you most comfortable working? Why?
Though I enjoy being the main leader, I am usually the public relations manager. My job is to get out in the public and sell whatever my group has to offer. I enjoy people and I am comfortable in this stage of leadership, but I most enjoy being the main leader. By being head over a group I can monitor the group's effort, keep us on track, motivate the group, help where ever necessary, and be a somewhat cheerleader for the group!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment